
I also happen to love all things that have to do with flying and the US space program.
I am beyond thrilled that the Air Force Thunderbirds are featuring their first female pilot in 2006,
and that the next shuttle mission features 2 women, including NASA's first female commander, Eileen Collins.
So imagine how totally cool I thought this blog is. Dh found it last night. It is a blog of a young woman in the astronaut training program at KSC. She has been posting the most incredible photos too, which of course I am totally diggin'.
Anyway here is the link http://damarisbsarria.blogspot.com/
I think I am going to use this as a science project for K, let her follow this woman's
progress, etc. How cool would that be to watch this woman go up into space some day?

3 comments:
Yeah-I can comment now! I told you how huge the space program is in my family. I think that's an awesome report idea. I'm going to check out that blog. What cool insight to a world the rest of us never get to see!
I just looked at that girl's blog. I love her attitude, and what amazing photos. Thanks for pointing this out B!
What a wonderful interest you have. This would definitely make a terrific science project.
My uncle worked for Cape Kennedy when I was a child. We spent a lot of week-ends with him. He took us net-fishing off the pier on the base. It was so much fun seeing the space crafts and projects up close. I have such fond memories of him, he has now passed away, and our adventures on the base.
Post a Comment