Monday, July 10, 2006

CLUTTER

OK, before I get to the main topic of today's entry, let me just say that I have had several blog entries in my mind that have been spinning around. And I really was thinking about posting more starting this week, but I received just the nudge I truly needed, from my dear hubby.

Apparently he decided to take a look at my blog the other day, and he had some very sweet comments that I won't bore you with, but basically said I should keep it up. So here we go sports fans...

What's new with us? Well we got a new kitten, :) Never let the mama go to Walmart by herself on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Ours was the last kitten to be claimed. She is all black with one spot of white under her chin. The lady had this adorable little pink ribbon around her neck, and she was so tiny and cute, and Katie has missed Mittens so much since she disappeared, I just couldn't resist. Of course as fate would have it, I had just given a full container of cat food and half a box of litter to Shane's sister after holding onto to them for months. So the lady held the kitten while I went in and bought litter and food, LOL

On the way home in the car, the kitten was freaking out, but strangely she quieted down when the Todd Agnew song Grace Like Rain started playing on my iPod. So, her name is Grace :) Molly our dog just adores her, and has become a mother to her. Theyget along remarkably well.
There are a couple of layouts in my gallery at SBB.

Ok, now to the CLUTTER, :) The past week or so, I have been purging and organizing in all aspects of my life. It began with an outside activity that I removed from my life that was just casuing me too much stress. Then I found a great program for my computer that found all my duplicate photos and removed them, so that I can actually organize them and back them up (accomplished, WOO HOO!!!) Do you know that I have taken almost 13,000 personal photos since 2003? Man alive!!!

Today I organized and rearranged my kitchen counters, and cleaned out a couple of cabinets that have been driving me crazy. I tell you it feels so good, i feel like a brand new woman, :)

I am totally in the mood to scrap now that I have all my pics in order. Look for me to start cranking out the layouts again. I think I am going to rescrap a bunch too, I really really hate a lot of the layouts I did when I was first starting out, and before I found my style. Plus I have done so many pages based on product or a style that is not me, just to get a page done, YUCK. And I think I am going to go 8x8 on all my layouts from now on.

Oh, something that I am totally pumped about that I am doing for dh, is an album about his grandfather's football career. While searching for his grandmother's obit online, I found all this stuff about his grandfather. We knew he played football professionally for a year, but it turns out he was the star center for Oregon State as well and I found some great stuff online, and then was able to get some pics from the OSU archives. Then my MIL gave me some photocopies of her mom's newspaper clippings of the time. I have ideas percolating in my little brain, and I hope to get this done soon.

Let's see what else? OHHHH! Guess what I found in my inbox today? Actually sadly it has been there a couple of days, LOL. An email from the lovely Miss Carrie Stephens saying that I won a contest on her site, Fish Scraps, and I won a $15 GC to her store! Woo hoo! Now that is the kind of mail I like to get, :) Thanks Carrie, you ROCK!

Well, I think that is all for now, I'll try and post some layouts, and maybe a scrapping freebie or two in the next couple of days.

Happy Monday y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss B!

I just got home from vacation today. It was lots of fun. I'll have some new photos to share soon!

I'm so glad you're getting so much done. I'm so proud of you.

We'll talk soon, and you can give me the scoop on everything!

Anonymous said...

Beck! No wonder I've not heard from you! :-O You are like mega-busy! The kitty sounds so cute, and I like the name! :) Your kitchen must be spotless by now! You did what I did! I rearranged my countertop spaces too! :) Great minds, right? LOL You deserve a 'rita, Girlfriend! I'm so glad you're getting loads done this summer! Awesome! BUT, you will have to gimme a call so we can swap stories!

HUGS! Susan