Saturday, May 20, 2006

Remember me?

No I did not die, drop off the face of the earth, or enter the Witness Relocation Program :)
But I am back my friends!

Our school year has ended, we had our last track meet today, and I feel like I did back when I was in school and it was the last day, LOL

So much to catch everyone up on, so many random stupid thoughts, acckkk where to begin?
Well, let's start with track:

Dd takes after me and is not all that athletically inclined, it is just not in her genes. But when she heard about our homeschool group's track team, she asked to participate. Well frankly, I thought she would go to one practice and decide to quit (which actually she did, but we decided she needed to do this, :)

She has improved so much since the beginning of the season, and she enjoys it so much, I am so glad we did it. Although the gas to get her to and from practice, 45 minutes away, four times a week, almost gave me a coronary, ACCKKK!!!

But she has done very well, and has improved at every meet. Today at Nationals, her relay team got second, WOO HOO! She was so pleased, as were her Daddy and I. In other good news, a couple of weeks ago, she won the fourth grade spelling bee, so she has had an exciting couple of weeks, and Mommy has a great many things to scrapbook.

Let's see.... oh my sweetie and I celebrated our 10th anniversary a couple of weeks ago. I'll post a picture I made K take of us on that day, Shane and I both really like it. I already scrapped a page with it, but I can't post it yet because it is for the June FP, so watch your SBB newsletter :)
I got really great tech-y gifts, portable speakers for my ipod, and a new sound card for my computer, WOO HOO! Dh got XM satelite radio, :) Aren't we pathetic?

I have been being very girly lately and buying lots of shoes and clothes, LOL I can't help myself, they have some of the CUTEST flip flops and sandals out this year!!!! One of the girls on the track team (I assistant coached the junior high girls) noticed today that I had on new flip flops AGAIN and she asked me how many pairs I own. Well, Katie actually knew the total and announced it, :) And I guess if I am embarrassed t o say the number outloud, then I need to admit I have a problem, huh? LOL

I actually organized my closet the other day, by color. I am totally loving it, it makes picking out an outfit SO much easier! It looks kind cool too! :)

Oh, I went and did the spray on tanning thing the other day. I was so scared to do it, remember that episode of Friends when Ross goes and does it? That's all I could think of, LOL! I wasn't really thrilled with the results the first day or two after, it looked kinda orangy to me even though the lady swore that it wouldn't. But I have also been using that Jergan's moisturizer with the bronzer in it, really good stuff! Thanks to Gina Miller and Amy for recommending that :) And now about 4 days later i look really tan, YEAH!

Oh and another great Amy Edwards recommendation that is totally worth EVERY penny? Grandma's Secret Spot Remover, that stuff is so flippin' awesome! It will get out anything!
I found mine at Hancock Fabric Store. Go get some, it gets out stuff even from clothes that have been in the dryer and everything!

Ok, I will leave you with what I call my Shallow, Whiney Moment of the Week, and then I gotta get moving along to some housework. I was at the mall the other day (this is where my husband's hearing would shut off, but being my good friends, you are at least going to pretend that you kept reading, right?) Ok so I am walking thru the store to my car, and I just happen to see these really cute jeans on a rack as I walk by. Gorgeous blue embroidered flowers all down the left leg. 62 bucks, on a clearance rack that is 75 percent off!!!! I look for my size, knowing they will NOT have it, but they have one, one size down from me. I decided to try them on. They ALMOST fit ok, so I decide to get them, because SIL and I are trying to exercise and eat better and all that.

Anyway, I notice one pair of jeans says 19.99, and the pair I needed said 29.99. So I grab some gorgeous turquoise and crystal sandals to go with the jeans, and head up to the counter. I show the saleslady, both pairs of jeans and ask her which price is correct, and she says it doesn 't matter, because it is 75 percent off of the original price. Are ya still with me sportsfans, cuz here is where the happy retail story ends: SHE PUT THE WRONG SIZE JEANS IN MY BAG!!!!
And I drove 45 minutes home, after a full day of errands, to find the wrong sizer in my bag. Not a happy camper, ya know? When I called the store in a total panic, my jeans where no where to be found.

I was so bummed, my plan had been to lose a little weight (I have already lost 8 pounds just by drinking a glass of wine each night. I got that from the book French Woman Do Not Get Fat, who knew it would work?! I can't wait to see what happens when I add diet and exercise!) and wear the jeans and sandals when we go out for dh's 40th birthday next month, so I was toally bumming, these jeans are that flippin' cute. But all in all, the story does end well, as a lady from the store called me yesterday afternoon and they had found my jeans, two days later! Now that is cutomer service baby! You can betcha I am gonna call Customer Service and give her a glowing recommendation!

Ok, well I am sure you are all bored to tears by now, so I will sign off. But at least you know I am still alive, huh?

Really looking forward to getting back in the swing of things, talk to ya soon June!

3 comments:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm SO jazzed! A post from B!!!! I read the WHOLE THING TOO!!! Congrats to K! That is a huge accomplishment on both counts. I'm the WORST athlete, so I'm super proud of her, and you know the spelling bee thing is right up my alley! You go girl! My K has her picture hanging on her mirror in her bedroom! So cute!

Also, I hear ya about CS! It's so hard to find! I'm glad you got your jeans! Happy belated anniversary! Glad you had a nice day! Big hug!

Anonymous said...

OUTSTANDING! Beck's back! :) I've missed ya, Girlfriend! CONGRATS TO K on doing such an outstanding job at the spelling bee! Ya done good, Mom, for teaching her so well! :) AND, woo hoo on the track team! I'm not sports inclined either (uh, does watching hockey count???), so that is just awesome! You have certainly been busy! But, it sounds like it's all been worth it! And, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY! That is, indeed, cause for celebration! And, what a scoop on the sales rack there! I love it when great finds can be found like that! Take care, Beck! HUGS! Susan

Dani said...

So glad to see you back!