
Well it is OFFICALLY the Christmas season to me….
I have heard all of my favorite Christmas songs on the radio (on my ipod does not count).
Today I heard the last one, the end all and be all of Christmas songs for me, “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas”, LOLMBO
I know I am totally pathetic but I can’t help it.
I heard a new song while we were decorating the tree, that Shane and I both loved instantly, so I raced to itunes to see if they had it. It is a really beautiful song by Dennis DeYoung of Styx. It’s called When I hear a Christmas Song, just a really beautiful romantic song, totally worth the 99 cents at itunes, J
I might go see if I can find a Christmas video to add to my blog.
So what other songs say Christmas to me? Let’s see:
(in no particular order)
Please Come Home for Christmas by the Eagles
Blue Christmas by Elvis
Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen
All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
O Holy Night by Josh Groban or Martina McBride (both make me cry)
Merry Christmas Darling by the Carpenters
Grown Up Christmas Wish by Natalie Cole
Santa Baby by Eartha Kit
And of course The Christmas Song by Rick Nelson, LOL
(you knew there had to be a Nelson song of some sort, right?)
Well I could go on and on, but it is a start, maybe it will get you thinking about your favorite songs too. Did I mention anything from the Chipmunk Christmas albums?
I had both as a kid and we listened to them EVERY year, right along with Gene Autry
And Johnny Mathis, J
If you think I have totally flipped my lid, never fear, tomorrow I have pictures and alittle story about the Wright family tradition of the pig and the Christmas tree. Stay tuned sports fans! J

3 comments:
You crack me up! I have the radio station on that plays Christmas music around the clock, and I've yet to hear the hippo song. You're the only one that has ever let me hear it. Thanks goodness I'm not an "out-of-the-loop" nerd anymore! LOL! Guess what I had for lunch and dinner last night and today?!?!?!
Bet you have no idea! LOL! I'm making a roast tonight! I'm being good!
Today I broke out my itunes Christmas music. I need to get the rest of my Christmas music on it but I was groovin' on "Barenaked for the Holidays" the Barenaked Ladies Holiday Album. I'm getting back in tune with my Hannukah songs. LOL And I love the Elf's Lament... check it out. ;)
I love that hippo!! He is so cute!!! Happy birthday Becki!!!
Post a Comment