
When I answer the popular question, Beatles or Rolling Stones, my answer is ALWAYS the Beatles, mostly because I HATE the Stones. (Please no hate mail, :)
But I would not call myself a Beatles fan. I am not old enough to say I grew up with their music, I cannot say that I remember when John Lennon was shot 25 years ago. I was amazed to find out that one of my favorite Mary Chapin Carpenter tunes was actually written by John Lennon. (Grow Old With Me, in case any of you are wondering)
But John's song Imagine has always been a song I liked. How can you not? It is timeless, classic,
beautiful, there are not adjectives enough. You CANNOT hear that song without stopping to think, and IMAGINE what it would be like. That's powerful stuff.
I truly feel that art in any form can be moving. Whether it is music or a painting, a sculpture or a picture. When I saw this picture today, I was moved. And I heard the song begin to play in my head. I hope you do as well.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

2 comments:
That is beautiful! That song is beautiful in every way. I remember the news reports just like yesterday when he was killed. One of those things I still have a hard time believing. TFS your thoughts!
Carla must be WAY older than we are. ;) I can't remember John Lennon's death either, but I did hear the coolest song of his yestday (since every radio station in the area was playing his music), Beautiful Boy. Hope you're enjoying the snow!
Post a Comment