Ok, it isn't that I haven't had tons to say in the last few days, I truly have! I have started at least five blog entries in my mind, I just never got the time to sit down and write them out like I wanted to.
Last week, dh took Wed-Fri off from work, I love having him home, but that in and of itself changes
our routine. He took those days off because of our little town's annual Friendship Festival. Our church had a booth and we passed out water and sunscreen to people who were there enjoying the festival.
So guess who was there taking picturess of all the fun? :) And guess who did not take advantage of the sunscreen? Those would both be me. See I never used to burn, EVER. So I wore a tank top, saying to myself, I could use a little sun. Well I definitely got a little sun. It hurt a little bit, but I was not even close to expecting to be physically ill that night, and then the next day to have my arms start itching so bad I thought I was going to break out in tears! I am convinced this should be a new form of torture for war criminals, MAN ALIVE! Luckily Walmart is open 24 hours and I was able to go get some spray stuff that got rid of the itching, cuz it was AWFUL!!!
Saturday was the end of the festival, and the annual parade. You know the Norman Rockwell, old fashioned kind? Katie gathered quite a bit of candy, (and even shared some with other children, woo hoo!) and had a great time. I love the look on her face as she waits in anticipation as the parade goes by.
Let's see what else is new on the old homefront? Oh some great news: Our little friend Micah is continuing to amaze everyone around him with his progress. He is eating and talking and yesterday he took some steps on his way back from Physical therapy, Praise God! His goal is to be able to return to school on the very first day, so we are continuing to lift him in prayer.
Our grapes should be ripe in the next few weeks, so we will be up to our eyeballs in grape jelly, I can't wait! Katie and I really love that time of year, she loves to help me with the jelly making.
Dh finally finished up the new front page of my website, I think it looks pretty good. Stop by if you have a minute and let me know what you think. www.beckiwright.com
Well, I think that is all the meaningless tidbits I can think of for now, so I am off to get caught up on everyone else's blogs, :) and print off some more layouts, I am WAY behind.
Love and Affection,
B
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well thank goodness! I was worried you weren't going to ever blog for us again! LOL! Great entry. USE SUNSCREEN FROM NOW ON LITTLE MISSY! I'm going to tell my dermatologsit if you don't. LOL! Talk to ya soon! Love ya!
oops spelled dermatologist wrong!
It's hard getting older! Everything changes. LOL Sounds like a really fun time except for the sunburn. ;)
Friendship Festival--I love the idea and name of that! Ouch--the sunburn sounds awful--I burn very easily. Homemade grape jelly--I could go for that. Wonderful news about Micah.
Becki your photography is awesome!! Your new website front page is wonderful. Great job!
Post a Comment