
Today was a good day. It feels good to say that every so often doesn't it? J
My father in law is an avid gardener, and he has these flowers in his garden called
"naked ladies". The scientific name for them is Amaryllis belladona and they are sometimes known as belladonna lilies, but we all refer to them as the naked ladies. LOL. They only bloom for a few days each year, and my father in law really loves them. I have tried each year to capture a really awesome photo of them, but this year I think I finally succeeded. I got up REALLY early (6:00 AM mind you!) to be at
their house by 7:00 so I could get that awesome morning light. I think it was totally
worth it. I also really like the pic I got of my mother in law's black eyed susans.
After I got home, I fixed French toast for dh and dd for breakfast (with some of FIL's
fresh eggs, yum! Then we went to a small kids festival that a local bank puts on every year at a local park. They had the usual safety stuff, K seemed to have fun.
The coolest part for the Mama though was the Lifeflight helicopter. We have seen it before at an airshow, it's kinda neat to look inside it and stuff. (Remember I love everything planes, and space and stuff). But the cool thing today was, we were there when the helicopter took off!
They were asking everyone to step back a safe distance, and I did, at first, LOL I wanted
some clear shots of it as it took off , and being short, there were people's heads in my way. So I walked over by an EMT and started shooting. He started to say something,
but he looked at my camera (I had my big lens on, LOL) and he just smiled.
It was so COOL when they started up the engine, the wind was blowing, it was a total rush let me tell ya! The pics do not so it justice! Now I cannot wait for next year's airshow at the base. (The first female Thunderbird will be there, woo hoo!)
Ok, sadly there is nothing scrapbook related about this post other than a few pics.
Oh wait, I am gonna host the Midnight scrap tonight (12 am EST) because Miss Jodi is on vacation, so if you are a night owl and you want to scrap, come join me. I have not done a page ALL WEEK LONG, eeeekkkk!

5 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous photo! I'm so glad you got one that you're happy with! So glad you had a fun day! Yes-It's very nice to be able to say that!
You know my MIL tried to convince us once that agapanthus were "naked ladies". LOL Glad you got a great shot and had a great job. And get scrapping missy! LOL says the person who hasn't finished is LO in who knows how long. :)
Ooooooooo I'll say you got a good photo--that is stunning! That flower is soooo beautiful. Early morning light, the sweet light, is definitely the best. Late afternoon can be good too. Not sure that I've ever seen this particular flower before and I definitely didn't know its name or I would have remembered that. Great job.
How cool! I want to ride in a helicopter!
love, me <><
Absolutely GORGEOUS photo, Beck! THAT would make a gorgeous photo for one of the rooms in my house. :) Would also look good on a Starbucks mug! ;-) Glad you got a photo you were so happy with, yes, the light was indeed perfect!
Susan :)
Post a Comment