Monday, September 24, 2007

CZ has left the building!


Man y'all, I don't know if I can take it! First I got to meet Gunnar and Matthew at the Nelson concert, and tonight I got to chat with Cathy Zielske, my scrapping idol!

She posted on her blog this morning that she was doing a chat at a site called Rhubarb Roots.
So I hustled on over there and registered, so I could be in the chat tonight. When I got there,
they had a CZ challenge posted: do a layout about something that people may not know about
you.  So, the layout above is what I submitted.

RR is a small, VERY friendly Canadian site, and brick and mortar store in Manitoba. I figured the chat would be packed, but there were only a handful of us there.  Cathy answered a couple of my questions, and was of course her witty and personable self.  I was practically giddy the entire
time.

She said a couple of things that really resonated with me. One was that she scraps only about 7 percent of the photos she takes.  "i figure, if a story presents itself, i will find the photos to go
with it. And for all the rest, photo albums are a really happy place!"

 That is pretty much the theory I have adapted, only my hard drive and digital frames are the happy places my photos reside, :)

Another thing that I really appreciated her saying was this:
"something happend when i decided to make a conscious effort to live life first, scrapbook it second, or third or fourth. If anything, i am guilty of NOT documenting nearly enough. But i believe for me, for where i am in life right now, it's good enough."

I believe that too. That what I have documented about our family so far is enough to give future generations a happy glimpse of what we were like.  If I never scrapbooked again, it could be enough.  Everything else is icing on the cake.

So, I am a happy little camper. It's been a good month, celebrity meeting wise.  :)
Y'all are totally jealous aren't ya?  LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome...congratulations!

Carjazi - aka Diane said...

I bet you had a blast. Sounds like she has a great philosophy towards scrapping. Great layout you did too. Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi also.

Donna B. Miller said...

I love the Cathy quotes. Thanks for sharing.